4.10.2014

WINE ... WINE...SANTA FE


W I N E    T A S T I N G S   W I T H   P I Z Z A Z Z





I'm a snob when it comes to WINE TASTINGS  - I want to have fun
sniffing swirling and tasting. I don't want to be lectured to or
made to feel inadequate if I can't catch a whiff of caramel, dark cherry or oak. I like to know that the wine expert has chosen wisely and that I'm in for a treat.  




So, when I discovered that my favorite Sommelier Mark C. Johnson (pictured above), was offering his splendid WINE 101 classes at IL PIATTO, I made a reservation for the "Grapes of Bordeaux".  Neither the wines - Califonia Merlot, Chilean Carmenere (my favorite) Alexander Valley Cabernet Franc & Cabernet Sauvignon, Chateay D'Arcins, and Gauchezco Malbec - or Mark disappointed.  He is a master showman and storyteller and his tastings are beautifully organized and FUN.








 95 W. Marcy Street - Downtown Santa Fe

WINE 101
EVERY TUESDAY @ 5:30 - UNTIL MAY 6TH
$15 FOR SIX WINES & a discount if you stay for dinner!

FOR RESERVATIONS:  505.984.1091

.




And, every Friday afternoon from 4:30 to 6:30, SUSAN'S FINE WINE AND SPIRITS  holds a FREE WINE TASTING. They're casual and yes fun.  Check out their FACEBOOK page for current info on each tasting.


An few weeks back I attended a ROCHA & KOPKE PORT tasting this was not a scheduled Friday tasting) presented by Todd Cromwell & Wentworth Imports. 





We sipped a ROCHA DRY WHITE KOPKE COLHEITA (a white port - who knew?) 1983 (MY FAVORITE), ROCHA 20 YR, ROCHA LBV 207, KOPKE 211 VNTAGE AND A ROCHA THREE CENTURY.



SUSAN'S FINE WINE & SPIRITS

1005 S. St. Francis - Santa Fe
505.984.1582
Call to get on their mailing list.